This photo shows my mom, preparing the thanksgiving turkey several years ago. I don’t remember whose idea it was, but she was definitely part of the team who dressed our turkey (pun intended). We all got a giggle out of the turk-ini, and the bird’s tan lines when it came out of the oven. This year marks our third Thanksgiving without mom, and, while we miss her terribly, we’re grateful for all the traditions that she and dad built for our family.
What else are we grateful for, ergonomically? (Yes, naturally, I have to bring it back to work…)
- Backpacks and pouches. In last week’s video, Kirsten revealed the secret contents of our tool pouches. These have always helped us keep our measurement equipment handy and secure.
- Ever-improving cameras and phones, and the ability to crop and enhance our photos.
- Our paperless transition has not been painless, but we sure appreciate the reduction in our filing. Only 9 more years till I can recycle the rest of our files. 😊
- Good insoles, because even ergonomists get sore feet!
- A diverse team, where everyone has unique strengths and contributions!
- Clients who have taken precautions, and have seen ergonomics as a priority, allowing us to work as the pandemic proceeds.
- The ability to work from home occasionally, especially when that involves a beautiful sunrise view!
- Cruise control and Bluetooth… we do a lot of driving!
- Pop sockets for our phones.
- My ergonomic office chair. I can adjust the chair to fit me, so I can work comfortably throughout the day.
- The Covid-19 vaccine, so I feel safer in the workplace.
What are you thankful for this weekend?