Improving work design to exceed your goals for productivity, quality, and employee health.
Taylor’d Ergonomics was launched in 1995 by Carrie Taylor, as a home-based business in Springfield, ON. Today, Taylor’d Ergonomics is a team of ergonomists, with a main office in Cambridge, ON, and satellite offices in London, and Mississauga. Read about our story in our blog!
Our priorities are:
- To listen and respond to our clients’ needs. We work with our clients to meet their needs. We also conduct client surveys to evaluate how well we are meeting our clients’ needs.
- To involve all key stakeholders. We interview and survey employees to obtain their input. Reports are validated by worker and management representatives, so everyone is involved.
- To develop relationships with our clients. We are approachable. We do our work at your facility whenever possible, where we can develop relationships with your staff. Our team works very hard to ensure consistency, allowing us to transfer projects or support each other’s clients when necessary.
- To provide the best ergonomics training available. People learn effectively because we are committed to skill-based training based on adult learning principles. Quick references ensure that key information is readily available after the training. Projects and feedback allow real-life application of the course material.
- To stay “leading edge”. We use the best measurement and analysis techniques available, and regularly review research to stay informed of new or better methodologies. We participate in regular ergonomics professional development opportunities. We frequently liaise with other ergonomists, including those at the WSIB and MOL, in order to ensure consistency in analyses and guidelines.
- To be responsible ergonomists. We really strive to develop solutions that are feasible and reasonable; recommendations are developed with your input, so there are no surprises when reports are issued. Our concise reports are peer-reviewed by a certified ergonomist.
- To stay in touch with our clients and prospective clients. Our ongoing clients receive regular ergonomics progress reports. Our bi-monthly newsletter is published and circulated free of charge to all who wish to stay current on ergonomic matters.
- To nurture the growth of our team. Even if you see only one of our ergonomists on-site, our projects are shared amongst the team, and problem solving is a regular part of our biweekly meetings. We learn from each other and you benefit from our collective experiences. Our team approach sets us apart from the competition.
We have provided ergonomics services to well over two hundred clients, many of which are multi-site, ongoing or repeat customers. While most of our work is in south-western Ontario, we have managed projects across Canada, the US, and have even travelled abroad. In a typical month, our ergonomists are actively engaged with 30 different clients. Each ergonomist has several projects and clients ongoing at any given time.
Our collective experience includes: agriculture, airlines, automotive parts and assembly, adhesives, bearings, bottling/breweries, call centers, carbon, cement, community care, custodial, distribution/warehousing, education, foam, food processing/bakeries, foundry, garage/automotive repair, garments/textiles, hardwood flooring, hatchery, health care, high tech/electronics, injection moulding, insulation, laboratory/medical, municipalities, office, parks and recreation, pharmaceuticals, porcelain, poultry and meat processing, printing, public utilities, pulp and paper, retail, road construction, stamping, steel, theater, tobacco processing, transportation, tubing, turbine manufacturing, weld wire, and a variety of other manufacturing industries.
We are not currently recruiting, but resumes are always welcome.
- 5 Taylor Court, RR4 Cambridge, ON N1R 5S5
- Mississauga, ON L4Z 2G2
- London, ON N6M 0C5
- +1 519 623 7733
We support the certification of ergonomists in Canada by the Canadian College for the Certification of Professional Ergonomists (CCCPE). All of our team members are currently certified or in the process of achieving certification through CCCPE. Carrie is also certified through the Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics (BCPE; USA), and is a Registered Kinesiologist. As ergonomists, we take our professional code of ethics seriously.
Ergonomics is the art and science of fitting work to people. At Taylor’d Ergonomics, our ergonomists help clients in all sectors to improve the fit between work and people, so employees experience fewer strain/sprain injuries. A side-benefit of ergonomics is that companies that use ergonomics also experience improvements in productivity and quality.
Our ergonomists are more than just ergonomics consultants; they are part of your team, tapping into your skills and resources to develop ergonomic solutions that work in your environment.
Ergonomist, M.Sc., CCPE, CPE, R.Kin (she/her)
Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Woodstock and beyond (from N1R 5S5)
Carrie is our principal ergonomist; she launched Taylor’d Ergonomics in 1995, after working in the field for six years. Carrie holds an undergraduate degree in Human Kinetics, and a Master of Science degree. She is responsible for sales and marketing, scheduling, training new ergonomists, and other business initiatives. She also works on a regular basis with clients in the automotive and nuclear sectors.
Ergonomist, B.Sc.(Hon.H.K.) (he/him)
Mississauga, Milton, Toronto (GTA), Guelph and beyond (from L4Z2G2)
Dennis started at Taylor’d Ergo in March, 2021, while finishing his PhD studies at the University of Guelph. His area of research focuses on how fatigue and lift training influence movement control of the back and lower limbs (aka how people lose the ability to use “good” lifting techniques when their muscles get tired). He works with our GTA clients in the cosmetic, confectionary, food, retail, and office sectors.
Ergonomist, B.Sc.(Hon.H.K.), (she/her)
London, Woodstock, St. Thomas, Stratford, Sarnia, and beyond (from N6M0C5)
Kirsten completed her internship at a Taylor’d Ergonomics client in May/June 2021, and joined us full time in July. She completed her certificate in Advanced Ergonomics Studies at Fanshawe College, and holds an undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Human Kinetics from the University of Guelph. She has been working with clients in the municipal, manufacturing, and packaging sectors.
Ergonomist, B.Sc.(Hon.Kin), CCPE (he/him)
London, Stratford, Woodstock, St. Thomas, Sarnia, and beyond (from N6M0C5)
Alex joined Taylor’d Ergonomics in February, 2022, with over 10 years of ergonomics experience. He obtained his Canadian Certified Professional Ergonomist designation in March of 2021, and is based out of London.
He has experience working in many sectors, including: automotive, large vehicle and building supply manufacturing, automotive parts warehousing, municipal transit, poultry processing, healthcare administration and a variety of office environments.
Special projects have included the design and implementation of trial protocols for the testing and study of upper limb exoskeletons, and their integration into assembly line work.