February 10, 2022
Sept 22, 2022
2023 dates TBD
Register soon for a one-day, hands-on program where you will learn to identify ergonomic issues at office work stations, and implement appropriate improvements!
- Describe what ergonomics is and why it is important to employees and companies alike
- Learn about the anatomy of the most common office injuries,
- Learn to adjust your chair’s seat pan, backrest, and armrests, to optimise comfort and productivity,
- Identify the limitations and appropriate use for alternative seating (ball chairs, kneeling chairs, and more)
- Learn to optimise keyboard, mouse, desk, shelf, document and monitor heights,
- Identify where sit/stand work stations are appropriate, how to use them, and how to address a multitude of requests and doctors’ notes recommending them
- Optimise work practices, using work pacing, ambi-dextrous habits, stretch breaks, and “dump the junk” habits,
- Learn to minimise visual concerns, by optimising viewing distance, lighting, glare, screen parameters, and eye care,
- Identify when and where “ergo appliances”, such as wrist rests, wrist supports, head sets, ergonomic mice and keyboards, and laptop accessories are appropriate,
- Address issues associated with mobile offices and tech devices
- Apply the “Office Ergo Quick Reference” checklist.
All Taylor’d Ergo workshops feature:
- Taught by a Certified Ergonomist. Course hours count towards Continuing Education Units
- A comfortable, relaxed setting, with participants from various industries, so you can learn from each other,
- A skill-based program, that allows you to practice each new skill in the workshop setting.