April 22, 2021
2022 dates tbd
Our one-day lifting tips course will enable participants to lift safely, using 15 lifting techniques. The course also provides coaching plans that can be customised for your facility, including “takeaways” to reinforce the tips.
You will learn to:
- Describe the types of injuries associated with manual handling,
- Identify workplace and individual factors that may discourage proper lifting techniques,
- Lift safely, using 15 lifting techniques/tips. The workshop provides practice and feedback for each tip, using realistic case studies Identify other control measures, including administrative and engineering controls,
- Customise our coaching plans for each tip, to take back to your facility. These plans can be used by supervisors, JHSC members, or trainers to train workers to apply the 15 lifting tips. Each plan includes key points, a suggested application(practice) and feedback suggestions,
- Customise our template “takeaways” to reinforce each lifting tip (posters, handouts, puzzles, etc.)
All Taylor’d Ergo workshops feature:
- Taught by a Certified Ergonomist and often course hours count towards Continuing Education Units
- A comfortable, relaxed setting, with participants from various industries, so you can learn from each other,
- A skill-based program, that allows you to practice each new skill in the workshop setting.