May 19, 2022
2023 dates tbd
Participants will learn how to identify ergonomics risk factors encountered by drivers and how to implement some solutions. The focus of the workshop is on driving passenger vehicles, although some discussion of courier and transport trucks will also be included.
You will learn to:
- Describe injury trends in the transportation sector,
- Identify “risk factors”, including awkward driving postures, force, and static or repetitive tasks,
- Describe how the design and layout of a typical vehicle contributes to ergonomic issues,
- Adjust the seat for maximum comfort and back safety,
- Adjust the steering wheel and other options to optimise posture and comfort,
- Identify additional issues encountered by professional drivers such as manual material handling, vibration, sleep deprivation,
- Identify products and solutions to some of the ergonomics issues encountered by drivers, including both what drivers and management can do,
- Use a checklist to evaluate a new vehicle.
Your course fee includes: Detailed course manual, seat adjustment checklist, new vehicle checklist, lunch and refreshments.
All Taylor’d Ergo workshops feature:
- Facilitation by a Certified Ergonomist and often course hours count towards Continuing Education Units
- A comfortable, relaxed setting, with participants from various industries, so you can learn from each other,
- A skill-based program, that allows you to practice each new skill in the workshop setting.
Ask us about running this course at your facility for groups of 6 or more.