A physical and cognitive demands Analysis (PDA/CDA) is a detailed description of the activity and cognitive requirements of a job. A PDA/CDA is used to provide information:
- to allow doctors to assess return-to-work offers for injured workers
- to allow the WSIB to evaluate claims or assess return-to-work options
- to allow employers and ergonomists to review the suitability of a specific job for a specific injured worker
- to assist rehab therapists in designing effective treatment plans
- to train new workers
A Taylor’d Ergo PDA/CDA is uniquely effective. It provides:
- A quantitative and visual assessment. We measure forces, heights, reaches, and movement frequencies and durations, and we provide a photograph for each task to allow the reader to quickly understand the job.
- A validated report. Your management and worker representatives will review the report, ensuring that the report accurately represents the job. (A second ergonomist also reviews it in our office for quality control.)
- A report that links demands to tasks. If you need to make accommodations, you can clearly see which tasks are associated with which activities. A checklist cannot accomplish this.
How is it done?
1. The ergonomist interviews supervisors and workers to clearly identify the primary job objective and the essential duties, and perceived cognitive and behavioural demands (such as multi-tasking, co-operative work, etc.).
2. S/he observes the job to qualify and quantify the physical and cognitive demands for each of the most common and peak demands.
3. S/he measures weights, push, pull and grip forces, working heights and reaches. S/he photographs each task, and creates a work station layout.
4. S/he completes the PDA/CDA, and submits the draft report to our office for peer review and feedback, and to the client for review and validation. When all feedback has been integrated, s/he finalises the PDA/CDA report and issues an electronic read-only copy (most PDA/CDAs are completed in 1-3 days total).
Contact Carrie in our main office for a quotation or more information, at 519.623.7733, or firstname.lastname@example.org.Request More Info